The latest UK Government directive (issued 22 February) identifies how the current lockdown rules for holiday accommodation will be lifted over the coming months of 2021.
- The current total ban on holiday accommodation use will be extended until 11 April – this date is the earliest that the current lockdown rules will end, but may be extended further if the overall situation has not improved to the extent expected.
- Between the period 12 April to 16 May, holiday accommodation can be made available, but only to single household parties.
- After 17 May up to two households may mix in holiday accommodation. The current projection is that all Covid-19 restrictions will be lifted from 22 June.
Given the above, we will not take any bookings that are due to commence before 12 April. Guests wishing to book thereafter must confirm that are able to meet the appropriate household mixing rules detailed above.
We will continue to apply the additional Covid-19 precautions detailed below until 22 June, subject to any further extension the UK Government may apply.
For the safety of our guests and our staff we have completed a full review of our procedures and have been assessed by Visit England and the World Travel & Tourism Council to ensure that the way we will be operating during the current crisis meets industry standards. We have implemented a number of additional procedures to the way we normally operate, and trust our guests will understand and feel reassured by how the changes will minimise the risks of infection for all. We will continue to apply the following procedures until at least 22 June 2021:
- A minimum period of 24 hours will be allowed between reservations; on no occasion will guests arrive on the same day that previous guests have left.
- All guests will continue to be met in person by a Greeter; the Greeter will avoid physical contact and will use a face covering and apply social distancing. Moreover, our welcome briefing will be reduced to cover only essential elements.
- Guest keys will be disinfected and envelop sealed for each set of guests.
- Stays longer than 8 nights will not include a mid-stay/weekly clean – rates will be adjusted to reflect this.
- Dry foodstuffs (sugar, tea bags, coffee, etc) and milk will not be provided. Other non-essential items (eg board games, books, iron, second hair dryer) will not be available.
- The quantity of crockery, cutlery and glassware will be reduced to that which can be loaded in the dishwasher. Guests are asked to place all such items, whether used or not, in the dishwasher before departure.
- Guests are requested to strip bedding before departure, and place all linen and towels in the linen bags provided.
- The film library will continue to be available for guest use, but guests are requested not to return any handled disks to the storage shelf, but to place the disks/disk covers adjacent to the TV for cleaning.
In the event that guests suspect they are suffering from Covid-19 symptoms during their stay, they are requested to inform us as soon as possible. If guests need to self-isolate in the property beyond the period booked, there may be an impact to subsequent bookings that will need to be managed.
The full text of the Covid-19 Risk Assessment for 7 Aspire Holiday Apartment can be found here: